WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for checking in!

Monday, June 20, 2011

New diet funk?

So, I haven't been in a writing mood. As a matter of fact, I haven't been in ANY mood at all. I am in a funk. I am feeling blue and unmotivated. I went to the doc. Gotta have blood work done. Ok. I'll do that.
In the meantime, I have asked around. Seems this vegetarian thing can make you a little low on B vitamins?
Or maybe I am ultimately just a miserable person with no energy.






This is proving to be a difficult summer..AGAIN. In that, I did not book a summer job...AGAIN. I think this makes 3 years now. I am doing concert work and I LOVE doing that..I LOVE doing it and I get to go to Niagara Falls in Canada!!! But it doesn't get me insurance weeks. =(   I can't understand and never will understand how so many people around me seem to book solid through the ENTIRE summer, get their insurance weeks and I can't even get an AUDITION. I can't even get in the room for these theaters! It is so disheartening and depressing. I get in for big stuff...don't get the wrong idea! My manager is wonderful to me and gets me good auditions for Broadway shows and tours and I even get close to booking these things. But these little summer theaters are really starting to grate on me! LOL! I know I am not alone in this. But it's still working my nerves.
(make no mistake, I am the crying, tragic mask)


Anyway, I am TRYING to motivate myself to do things around the house and make my house a nicer home to be in. Again, NOT motivated at all. I don't even feel like going outside. What's up with that!? It's nice out! Maybe it's the new couch! It's pretty awesome and I am very happy here!


 I guess I just need to try and relax and give myself a break and accept that this is where I am for TODAY. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Oh wait..tomorrow, I go for a root canal. But that is actually a good thing........

Today, I am motivated enough to go through about 20 old magazines and pull out recipes or articles that I want to hang on to. This is a big deal for me because I LOVE magazines. Especially the home ones and cooking ones! But am I really going to be reading these things over and over!? NO. So I will pull out the 3 pages of interest and trash the rest, clearing out an entire crate for new stuff that needs a home!




Is anyone else going through anything like this right now? And I don't feel CLINICAL or anything, don't anyone get too nervous. It just feels like a funk. I am proud of myself that I continue to eat well and pretty healthy...healthfully?





Yes, I do the chocolate chip cookie once in a while..and I refuse to give up my half and half or creamer in my coffee, and I will never give up my 100 empty calories of  Luigi's Lemon Ices, but I am challenging myself to find substitutes for things I know are doing my body NO GOOD. And...its actually fun and frees me from guilt.





 Ok...so that's what's up with me right now. What's up with you? =)

Here is a recipe I posted on Facebook today. Couldn't be easier or more delish!!!! YUM!


Roasted Cauliflower with Garam Masala
Serves 6
Ingredients
  • 1/2 head cauliflower, trimmed and separated into flowerets, about 4 cups
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons garam masala (see note)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 scallion, white and light green parts only, sliced (for optional garnish)
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 450ยบ.
2. Place the cauliflower in a flat-bottomed ovenproof dish (large enough to hold the cauliflower in one uncrowded layer), add the olive oil and toss to coat the cauliflower pieces.
3. Roast uncovered for 25 - 30 minutes, until the cauliflower pieces just start to brown.
4. Scatter on the garam masala and toss gently. Correct the seasoning.
This may be served immediately, at room temperature or chlled as an addition to a salad.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, sounds like a funk to me. Go do something for someone. And sit in the sunshine for a few minutes each day. Don't beat yourself up ~ sometimes ya gotta just feel what ya feel to move through it. But really, go find someone to help who doesn't expect it. You'll feel better. I have complete faith in you!! You'll snap out of it.

    ReplyDelete